Dear Friends of the WAM,
The WAM is excited to announce that we are planning to reopen our doors to the public on Tuesday May 26th. Our state and the Miles City community is in Phase One reopening, so WAM will take a new approach to keep our staff and community members safe during this time.
All WAM Art Education classes will be held outside with limitations on class size. Registration for classes start this week and class descriptions are on our website under the Education tab and will be advertised on our Facebook page as well. Please keep a look out and share with family and friends. Keep in mind that each class will have size limitations and may change due to inclement weather.
WAM has developed a strategic plan for reopening using guidelines from health officials to formulate our plan of action. WAM staff will be sanitizing high touch areas throughout the Museum, throughout the day, practicing social distancing while in common areas.
Hours of operation:
Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am-12:00pm: For the vulnerable population only.
Tuesday-Saturday 12:00pm-5:00pm: Open to the general public.
Please follow the WAM Rules of Engagement:
* If you do not feel well or have COVID-19 symptoms STAY HOME.
* If you have a fever, STAY HOME and seek medical advice.
* WAM will allow 10 visitors into the museum at one time.
* When entering and before exiting WAM, use the hand-sanitizer stationed at the
* You must sign-in with the date, name, addresses and phone numbers to track
individuals that visit in case of a COVID-19 case is reported by a patron or Museum
staff member. If you become ill after your visit, please notify the museum right away.
* WAM suggests that you wear a facemask during your visit. This is to keep you and our
* If you are not with family members, please always keep 6 feet apart of each other
while in the Museum.
* Do not touch your face
* Sneeze or cough in your elbow
* Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, after using the restroom.
* Do not touch any of the artwork.
* Only 2 patrons in the gift shop at one time
* Do not handle gift shop items; if you want to purchase something ask the Museum
staff to handle the items for you.
* Tours cannot be offered for more than 10 people at a time and by appointment only.
Call the WAM at 406-234-0635 to schedule an appointment.
On behalf of the WAM staff and Board of Directors, we look forward to being able to see you again.
WHAT WE DO
As a cultural leader in southeastern Montana, the Museum is a nonprofit organization guided by a philosophy of public service. Our mission is to provide, high quality, interpretative exhibits in the visual arts and humanities; educational opportunities and informational services for the general public, schools and civic groups; and proper management of and accessibility to exhibited visual artworks, including the Museum’s permanent collection, held in public trust.